Address: Geddalahalli , Hennur Bagalur Road, Kothanur Post BangaloreLocality: Kothnur (Find more Kothnur schools)
Web site: http://bangaloreinternationalschool.com
Phone: 080 2846 5060 080 2844 5852
Fax: 080 2846 5059
Is this listing inaccurate or duplicate? Any other problem?
Please tell us about the problem and we will fix it.
Bangalore International School, or American Community School as it was once called, was started in 1969. In the 60s and the 70s, although there were hundreds of American and Canadian families living in the city, there were no local schooling options that offered a North American curriculum and instruction style. The only available choice would have been boarding school. And luckily for us, this idea did not appeal to Eloise R. Bennett and her family, the founders of BIS. On contract through the University of Tennessee for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Bennett family moved to Bangalore for two years between 1969 and 1971. Finding no suitable schooling options, they decided to open their own, and so the American Community School was born, in a garage on Millers Road.
Since its inception BIS has remained a wholly parent owned school. Our Board of Trustees is comprised of five parents of students currently enrolled in the school and it is responsible for the governance of the school.
25 per class
* Our compact, cozy little school is contained in a little over two acres of land which has two academic blocks and an administrative block. Also has a basketball court and sports ground. Within the academic block they have a well-equipped and ever expanding library and multimedia centre and biology and chemistry laboratories. Large space for fine arts and pottery. Students also learn swimming and tennis. The tuck shop is one of the favourite hangouts of the students.
* Hostel located off campus with a capacity of 24 students.
Principal: Ms. Anu Monga
* Swimming, tennis, music and art - occur during the timetabled day.
* Dance classes for all students as we find it a fun way to flex, exercise and teach rhythm.
* Tennis and other sports, music, film appreciation and theatre for Middle School
Please click on the photo to see a larger version.
Do you have a photo for this school? Upload it now!
A wonderful school ..my children are studing for the past two years..They are very happy.They enjoy going to school..Teachers and staff are extremely good..Very happy and Thanks to BIS.
by Sreekala Thiru on Mar 19, 2013
Super School. My daughters are really happy with the school. They are now in High School following the IB curriculum and are extremely involved in the school life. Sports, Music, Drama, Debate Club and, of course, academics!
by Pietro Valenti on Apr 25, 2014
Ask questions about this school, or share any information:
Average User Rating:
(based on 2 reviews )
There are 43 members following this school.
Follow this School to get notified when a new review or comment is posted.