Address: Ring Road, Near Marathalli, , Behind New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore Bangalore - 560103Locality: Kadabisenahalli (Find more Kadabisenahalli schools)
Is this listing inaccurate or duplicate? Any other problem?
Please tell us about the problem and we will fix it.
New Horizon Gurukul (estd: 2010) is an innovative fusion of the cultural heritage of the ancient Gurukul system with modern methods of teaching and learning. This unique Gurukul concept emphasizes experiential learning by the Shishya with the Guru skillfully facilitating it. By imbibing a set of strong human values, the school lays the foundation for building character. By providing the child with a rich, stimulating learning environment the school encourages creativity and originality in thinking and action. NHG is shortly to be affiliated to the CBSE Board.
New Horizon Gurukul, an off-shoot of New Horizon Educational Institution, was conceptualized against an illustrious back-drop of the following 6 prestigious New Horizon educational centres of learning .
A sprawling campus that is lush and green.
• Four majestic and imposing school buildings inter- connected by gardens and lawns
• Large, spacious classrooms with cross-ventilation and natural light overlooking gardens.
• State-of the- art laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Languages and Computer Science.
• Great out-door courts for Volley Ball, Basket Ball and Throw Ball .
• Facilities for Track Games.
• Three indoor Badminton Courts.
• Facilities for indoor physical activiites like table tennis, chess and board games.
• A large auditorium with excellent acoustics and a capacity to seat 1000 people.
• Day Care Centre for New Horizon Gurukul students.
• Yoga Centre.
• Meditation Centre.
• Large rooms for Art, Craft, Dance and Music.
• A spacious dining room, provision for lunch and snacks.
• A fleet of school buses to transport children to and from Gurukul.
Registration for admission commences in October/ November every year. There will be an entrance test for those seeking admission from Std I upwards.
Nursery: Children who have completed two years eight months of age on the 1st of June are eligible for Nursery. For all other classes the corresponding age is taken into account for admission.
* A copy of the Birth Certificate
* A copy of the Report / Marks Card from the previous school for children seeking admission to classes from Std. I upwards
* A copy of the Transfer Certificate from the previous School.
Do you have a photo for this school? Upload it now!
Hi! Myself Rashmi mother of seven years old son. I have visited new horizon gurukul and found it perfect for my son's education as it not only improves physical education but also spiritual knowledge through the preachings of vedic science. This school has prefect blend of culture with new technology.
by Rashmi Kumari on Dec 21, 2010
I am very happy with the school. My kid is happy too.
1. 2 teachers for a class of 35 kids. For me its a good ratio
2. Class rooms, toilets, sick room etc.. are good, clean
3. Fairly bigger play ground. Nice play structures for small kids.
4. CBSE- the most child friendly , time tested board.
5. Good teachers . I cud see the teachers are observing my child with the way they answer any question I ask in PT meetings.
6. Only weekend homework for pre primary classes..
7. My daughter enjoys going to school.
8. Recently (Jan-2011) they conducted Sports day for pre primary -- YES they have put huge effort in bringing such a good show.. Though my daughter didnt win any prize she didnt cry-- That itself showed that the class teachers (atleast) didnt put the pressure in every child to run fast & win the prize.. I am sure they wont make education as a mad race.
by Radha on Jan 10, 2011
My prev review continued as only 1000 words were allowed..
9. Though I have no transport issues, we have got a very good route and happy with the bus timings.
10. Proximity to most of the area in ORR.
11. I hear from parents of older kids that the math & science are taught well compared to their previous school.
12. so far we have given money for this sports day costume..nothing else.. I hope they dont ask for money now & then ....
13. Do the math -- the fee structure is not too much for the 2nd year onwards while comparing other schools.
1. Some transport issues last year..If those issues are still there, the transportation may take time to settle as it is a new school.
2. Yes -- First year fee (one time fee) is too much.
by Radha on Jan 10, 2011
All the things of the NHG are quite praiseworthy except that they are not transparent about their fee structure, like some of other schools, mentioned their fee structures on their official website. I would have liked them to be more transparent.
by Bhim on Jan 31, 2011
The management talks so much about inculcating values as part of the education. But when the management took us through the facilities (on 12.02.10), I was sad to notice a boy below the age of 10 working in the canteen in the basement. I wonder how can they allow a child labor. I came back wondering 'what are the values they were talking about all along'
by Deepa on Feb 12, 2011
went for admissions for ukg.. apart from the school fees of 70,000 and a one time admission fees of 70,000, they wanted us to pay 1.5 lakhs as a "PAYMENT" towards the committee fund.. this has to be paid in cash onl;y and no receipt is given for this particular fees and also it varies for each student ranging from 75,000 to 2,00,000 depending on the family income.. the school may be good and infrastructure excellent,. but i don think its for ppl who DONT have surplus to pay... that too 1.5 lakh in BLACK.. WAS V DISSAPPOINTED .. din go back to them after two rounds of interviews and selection..
by a disappointed parent on Dec 11, 2013
Ask questions about this school, or share any information:
For Long time As a parent I am facing more or less same problems what other concerned parents have highlighted .So I thought to express my honest views. I am sharing my my personal experience as a parent whose child is studying in New Horizon Vidya Mandir. This is not intended to criticize any one in person. We had loads of hope when we first enrolled our kid .So many Transport issues and other my friends have same problem. Most of the time child come back home sleepy. At start up level we never expected to have such kind of problems.Above all staff is inexperienced and have serious doubt on their capabilities to run this school.My son has a very bad time in the school everyday I have to literally drag him to school. The teacher of Lkg is a mean and rude female. Her treatment with children and with us is different. She is totally arrogant and we had a tough time approaching her. If u call her on phone, she snaps. She is such a argumentative and impatient woman and don’t even bother to speak to the parents properly. My child came back home with a wet pant many times being a responsible lady not even bothered to change the dress for my child rather humiliates the child very badly. she does not bother about the impact of her attitude has on tender minds of children. It is ironical that teachers who are otherwise supposed to nurture the students' talent seem to be suppressing the same with their wrong attitude
Thanks Deepti for sending the feedback. Ppl looking for nice infrastructure school like this will know, what is going on the background in the name of study.
My son is in 1st grade and going to Gurukul.I would say the only good thing about the school is just Infrastructure that they have. Attitude of teachers are very bad over their, they abuse the child like anything... even sometime they twist their ears and fingers also....They don't give chance to child to put his part. .It happened not only with my child but other parents also hv such stories and when we questioned them they simply refuse. Going to headmistress and management is also waste.
If i will come to study part they follow very traditional way of teaching, ... their is no concept based studies, which is very imp now a days. Class strength is also 40 : 1. I am going to change the school in coming session. I would say that don't go just on d basis of infrastructure or facilities.
What is the school fee for new admission?
I have taken admission in 2014 for my daughter in 1st class, they have asked only 40K and that will cover uniform and Books till 12th. What else you can get in 40 K?
Yes, Fees are 77K and which is ok as they have to pay to teacher monthly salary and today in high inflation world can teacher work in sub K salary?
There are parents who have not received admission and would have time to write but those whose kids are studying and got admission they don't have time to write review. I have my friends who are well placed and their kids are studying and they are happy.
From friends review I know that Teachers are strict and not soft like International schools. Probably that we need to watch further. That will be my message to management to improve.
Average User Rating:
(based on 6 reviews )
There are 181 members following this school.
Follow this School to get notified when a new review or comment is posted.