Address: Ring Road, Near Marathalli, , Behind New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore Bangalore - 560103Locality: Kadabisenahalli (Find more Kadabisenahalli schools)
Is this listing inaccurate or duplicate? Any other problem?
Please tell us about the problem and we will fix it.
New Horizon Gurukul (estd: 2010) is an innovative fusion of the cultural heritage of the ancient Gurukul system with modern methods of teaching and learning. This unique Gurukul concept emphasizes experiential learning by the Shishya with the Guru skillfully facilitating it. By imbibing a set of strong human values, the school lays the foundation for building character. By providing the child with a rich, stimulating learning environment the school encourages creativity and originality in thinking and action. NHG is shortly to be affiliated to the CBSE Board.
New Horizon Gurukul, an off-shoot of New Horizon Educational Institution, was conceptualized against an illustrious back-drop of the following 6 prestigious New Horizon educational centres of learning .
A sprawling campus that is lush and green.
• Four majestic and imposing school buildings inter- connected by gardens and lawns
• Large, spacious classrooms with cross-ventilation and natural light overlooking gardens.
• State-of the- art laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Languages and Computer Science.
• Great out-door courts for Volley Ball, Basket Ball and Throw Ball .
• Facilities for Track Games.
• Three indoor Badminton Courts.
• Facilities for indoor physical activiites like table tennis, chess and board games.
• A large auditorium with excellent acoustics and a capacity to seat 1000 people.
• Day Care Centre for New Horizon Gurukul students.
• Yoga Centre.
• Meditation Centre.
• Large rooms for Art, Craft, Dance and Music.
• A spacious dining room, provision for lunch and snacks.
• A fleet of school buses to transport children to and from Gurukul.
Registration for admission commences in October/ November every year. There will be an entrance test for those seeking admission from Std I upwards.
Nursery: Children who have completed two years eight months of age on the 1st of June are eligible for Nursery. For all other classes the corresponding age is taken into account for admission.
* A copy of the Birth Certificate
* A copy of the Report / Marks Card from the previous school for children seeking admission to classes from Std. I upwards
* A copy of the Transfer Certificate from the previous School.
Do you have a photo for this school? Upload it now!
Hi! Myself Rashmi mother of seven years old son. I have visited new horizon gurukul and found it perfect for my son's education as it not only improves physical education but also spiritual knowledge through the preachings of vedic science. This school has prefect blend of culture with new technology.
by Rashmi Kumari on Dec 21, 2010
I am very happy with the school. My kid is happy too.
1. 2 teachers for a class of 35 kids. For me its a good ratio
2. Class rooms, toilets, sick room etc.. are good, clean
3. Fairly bigger play ground. Nice play structures for small kids.
4. CBSE- the most child friendly , time tested board.
5. Good teachers . I cud see the teachers are observing my child with the way they answer any question I ask in PT meetings.
6. Only weekend homework for pre primary classes..
7. My daughter enjoys going to school.
8. Recently (Jan-2011) they conducted Sports day for pre primary -- YES they have put huge effort in bringing such a good show.. Though my daughter didnt win any prize she didnt cry-- That itself showed that the class teachers (atleast) didnt put the pressure in every child to run fast & win the prize.. I am sure they wont make education as a mad race.
by Radha on Jan 10, 2011
My prev review continued as only 1000 words were allowed..
9. Though I have no transport issues, we have got a very good route and happy with the bus timings.
10. Proximity to most of the area in ORR.
11. I hear from parents of older kids that the math & science are taught well compared to their previous school.
12. so far we have given money for this sports day costume..nothing else.. I hope they dont ask for money now & then ....
13. Do the math -- the fee structure is not too much for the 2nd year onwards while comparing other schools.
1. Some transport issues last year..If those issues are still there, the transportation may take time to settle as it is a new school.
2. Yes -- First year fee (one time fee) is too much.
by Radha on Jan 10, 2011
All the things of the NHG are quite praiseworthy except that they are not transparent about their fee structure, like some of other schools, mentioned their fee structures on their official website. I would have liked them to be more transparent.
by Bhim on Jan 31, 2011
The management talks so much about inculcating values as part of the education. But when the management took us through the facilities (on 12.02.10), I was sad to notice a boy below the age of 10 working in the canteen in the basement. I wonder how can they allow a child labor. I came back wondering 'what are the values they were talking about all along'
by Deepa on Feb 12, 2011
went for admissions for ukg.. apart from the school fees of 70,000 and a one time admission fees of 70,000, they wanted us to pay 1.5 lakhs as a "PAYMENT" towards the committee fund.. this has to be paid in cash onl;y and no receipt is given for this particular fees and also it varies for each student ranging from 75,000 to 2,00,000 depending on the family income.. the school may be good and infrastructure excellent,. but i don think its for ppl who DONT have surplus to pay... that too 1.5 lakh in BLACK.. WAS V DISSAPPOINTED .. din go back to them after two rounds of interviews and selection..
by a disappointed parent on Dec 11, 2013
Ask questions about this school, or share any information:
Average User Rating:
(based on 6 reviews )
There are 180 members following this school.
Follow this School to get notified when a new review or comment is posted.